This week we went in for a special P/T conference with Patch's teacher. We like her a lot and we know that she really likes Patch, he's had a really good first grade year and he's happy. In the past we have discussed Patch's issues with concentration and organization and it was something we were all aware of. So we went in and we talked some more, and Patch's issues with focus are only getting worse and not better
. The entire conversation was like a weird deja-vu of when Gregory was in the 2nd grade and we heard all the same things from his teacher.... extremely intelligent, very good child, never a disruption or problem in class... and a complete inability to stay on task, focus on his work and a serious penchant toward daydreaming. We'd heard it all before and we know what it means. Still it kind of left me with a slightly heavier heart. It wasn't like I was surprised... just a little bit sad I guess.
So today we went and saw the pediatrician and filled out their questionnaire and talked about Patch's issues and decided to at least try him on medication... much like we did with Gregory was he was only slightly older. So here we start on this journey of ADD and medication with Patch. Like I said, not surprising... just very slightly disheartening.
On the upside we continue to hear what a wonderful and happy child is... how Patch has many close friends and is very popular and plays with a whole crew of kids out on the playground, very much UNlike Gregory at the same age. So it's not all bad.
So here we go!!! I'm ready for it because the fact is that Patch is a really great kid and I know we'll find our way. Just like we did with Gregory.
1 comment:
{{{ Patti }}}} It's just hard because it's ONE. More> Thing. I'm sorry.. I hope you find somethign that works quickly and without too many issues!
Post a Comment