Monday, May 11, 2009

Kitten

Oh our little baby is growing up so fast, it all seems to be happening in the blink of an eye. When did our tiny little Kit-Kat become this high energy, on the go, whirling dervish of physical prowess that she is today? When did she start talking so well and expressing herself to us so well? When did she stop being a baby and become a full blown toddler?

Today, dressed in a cute smocked short sleeve shirt and jeans, she looked like such a big girl. Maybe it was the jeans. Maybe it was those sweet little arms in that cute shirt. Maybe it's just that she's not a baby anymore and sometimes it hits you in the face like a brick. She's a walking talking little person with her own unique personality and likes and dislikes and definite opinions... and she wants to make sure YOU know what they are.

I am madly in love with that baby of mine... and lets be frank... she's ALWAYS going to be my baby. I admit there are times I feel torn and I find myself wishing for the easier days that her getting older will afford me. A little downtime. A little quiet time. The ability to shower EVERY day if I want to (oh and I will want to!). More freedom to spend time alone with Ed. So I look forward to it. I think of a time that our car will have no car seats or boosters and I think what an amazing time of life that will be for me.

Then other times, as she sleeps between me and Ed at night in our bed, I just stare at her little peaceful face and I stroke her soft cheek and I think that I want THIS to last forever. I want her to call me Mama and want to be close to me and have that cute baby giggle and those sweet little baby clothes and that round little face with those huge grey eyes FOREVER. I want to stay with her just the way she is right now always. I love scooping her up and holding her close and that she loves it too. I love that she believes that if I kiss the boo-boo it stops hurting immediately. I love that just being close to me is enough to calm her and quiet her.... even if her sleep. I love that when she has fever and feels icky ONLY Mami will do. I love her babyness and I'm never going to do this again so I want to enjoy each and every precious moment of it.

Kit is perfect... horns and all... I love every little bit of her with every little bit of me.

1 comment:

Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

It goes So fast doesn't it? It really hit me when Kayleigh turned three that there weren't even any more vestiges of babyhood.. She's practically a big girl! ::sigh::