The new thing we learned in the adventure of parenting this week is that Kitten has a HORRIBLE tomato allergy. Not anaphalactic or anything like that, but still not a good thing. Here... let me show you... this is the Kitten's "squinky" face as we call it... she only shows it to us when she's really mad. I guess she didn't feel this picture would be flattering ;)This is Kitten two days after eating pizza and successfully covering her face in tomato sauce. She ate and was happy, becuase God bless that girl one thing that I adore about her is that she will eat anything you put in front of her. I cleaned off her face after dinner and there was this awful raised, raw blood red rash
So now we know... Kit has a tomato allergy. No more shmeering pizza for her. I guess it's a good thing that I've been giving her pasta with butter on it still instead of sauce. Never a dull moment! LOL!
3 comments:
Buddy got the same reaction with tomato type things when he was younger. I figured it was just the acidity and kept giving him tomatoes. Eventually, he stopped having a reaction and will still, to this day, eat tomatoes plain (like if I have any leftover chopped up after tacos, he just picks them out of the bowl and eats them plain).
Cameron had the same problem with tomato sauce and ketchup (or is it catsup). He outgrew it, good thing, he loves his ketchup!
Thanks guys for letting me know. G was actually allergic to tomato's and products but it wasn't a face thing, he would projectile vomit... so I guess I should be glad it's not that! LOL! He outgrew it at about age 3 so I'm hoping that little Kitten will to. Hey... now G's favorite thing in the whole world is hot salsa so he definitely got over it! LOL!
Post a Comment